What are cookies?
Cookies are files that may be downloaded to your computer through web pages. These are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among other things, they enable a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, they may be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be identified:
- Own Cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher itself, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Cookies that are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they are stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session Cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user is accessing a website. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user once (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent Cookies: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that enable the user to browse through a web page, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the purchase process of an order, making the request to register or participate in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for video or sound distribution, or sharing content through social networks.
- Customisation Cookies: These enable the user to access the service with some general features predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the browser type used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: These enable the person responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the performance of websites, applications, or platforms and to create navigation profiles of the users of these websites, applications, and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the usage data provided by the service users.
- Advertising Cookies: These enable the management of advertising spaces in the most efficient way.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information on the behaviour of the users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block, or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the settings of the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may become inoperative. The settings for disabling cookies are different for each browser, but they can usually be changed from the Tools or Options menu. You may also check the browser’s Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies they wish to use on this website.
You can enable, block, or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage your browser’s cookie storage using tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used in www.teichenne.com
Below you will find the cookies that are being used in this portal, as well as their typology and function:
With this information, the following actions can be taken:
- Accept cookies. This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any page on the portal during the current session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.